||How to export defence-related products or safeguarded items of the List of defence-related products for participation in foreign exhibitions of military equipment?
When you participate in exhibitions of military equipment, to avoid any delay relating to processing of documents at regular meetings of the Interministerial Commission for Export Control and Non-Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction, you may use a License for Participation in Defense Exhibitions. The License is issued by the Interministerial Commission once for the calendar year and encompasses the number of participation of the applicant during that year. Each particular participation in exhibitions of the annexes to the license is certified by the Secretary of the Interministerial Commission against presentation of a document, verifying the applicant’s participation in the respective exhibition, but not later than 10 workdays prior to its conduct.
Each participation in an exhibition outside these included in the license for the calendar year shall take place subject to the general provisions for export, import, transfer.
In both cases you are required to hold also an authorization for export and import of defence-related products, issued by the Interdepartmental Council.
To obtain a license for participation in defense exhibitions, the applicant shall submit the following documents to the Interministerial Commission:
1. a filled-in application – Form № 18;
2. a filled-in form – Form № 19 in five copies;
3. a copy and a certified Bulgarian translation of the documents, certifying the origin, acquisition and functional purpose of the arms;
4. a copy and a certified Bulgarian translation of the documents, certifying the arrangement and conduct of the exhibition;
5. a receipt for state fee paid.
To obtain an authorization for export and import of defence-related products, the applicant shall submit the following documents to the Interdepartmental Council:
1. an application Form № 1;
2. an unique identification number in accordance with Article 23 of the Trade Register Act;
3. a copy of any authorization to produce or commercialize defence-related products granted in accordance with the Weapons, Ammunition, Explosives and Pyrotechnic Articles Act, where the applicants carry out activities falling within its scope;
4. a security clearance certificate issued by the State Agency for National Security to the natural persons designated to participate in the relevant activity;
5. a list of the natural persons designated to participate in the relevant activity accompanied by the curricula vitae of such persons, an extract from the judicial record and a notarized specimen of their signatures;
6. an extract from the judicial record concerning the sole trader, general manager, executive director, authorized representative, the members of the managing and supervisory bodies of the legal person, and where such members are legal persons – their representatives in the relevant managing body;
7. a notarized specimen of the signature of the sole trader, general manager, executive director or authorized representative;
8. a certificate issued by the relevant territorial entity of the National Revenue Agency attesting to the absence of any outstanding tax liabilities;
9. a statement by the sole trader, general manager, authorized representative, the members of the managing and supervisory bodies of the business undertaking that the applicant has no outstanding liabilities to natural and legal persons, where the liability has been recognized before the relevant enforcement authority;
10. a statement by the sole trader, general manager, authorized representative, the members of the managing and supervisory bodies of the business undertaking that they are not associated with persons and organisations which have infringed the normative acts regulating the activities involving defence-related products and dual-use items in the Member States and in third countries;
11. information from the trader about the planned foreign trade activities with foreign partners involving defence-related products for a period of no less than one year;
12. a receipt for state fee paid.